Thursday, June 28, 2007

Friday Morning in Chios

The wind has picked up this morning. After the calm early in the week, the waves breaking on the rocks and the beach seem dramatic, though they are actually very small (especially compared to the normal surf at Ocean City).

On the drive here to the lab, I noted again the wide variety of vehicles and the many unfamiliar cars. Most of the makes are familiar - Ford, Toyota, Peugeot, for instance - but there are many compact cars that were never sold in North America. Compared to Athens, there are more mid-size sedans and SUVs here. Like Athens there are lots of scooters of various sizes. Yesterday we saw two people on a small scooter slowly climbing one of the hills near Pyrgi.

I have meetings this morning and my presentation this afternoon, and then I fly to Athens. Tomorrow I fly to Atlanta and home.

No comments: